- Upcoming Event Information
- Convertible Notes: Potential Dilution Tables
- Diluted EPS Reconciliation
- Debt Covenant Calculation Summary
Under the guidance of an experienced, highly-motivated management team, Group 1 is executing an operating strategy that is founded on standardized processes, industry-leading customer service, disciplined acquisition growth coupled with the divestiture of underperforming dealerships to optimize brand mix, and diversity in geographic reach. Group 1’s continued focus on its customers, successful integration of acquisitions and flexible operating model has made it possible for it to achieve the success it has since 1997.
In 2012, Group 1 retailed about 214,000 new and used vehicles. The company also earned total revenues of $7.5 billion and total gross profit of $1.1 billion, with approximately 43 percent of revenues and 78 percent of profits coming from its Used Vehicle, Parts & Service and Finance & Insurance businesses. Group 1 continues to focus on expanding these higher-margin businesses to enhance profitability and stimulate internal growth.
In addition, Group 1 will continue to:
- Remain disciplined in managing costs to industry sales levels
- Minimize capital expenditures by working with manufacturer partners and proceeding only when there is a business case
- Find opportunities to leverage scale
- Manage inventories to appropriate levels with vehicles its customers desire
- Focus on cash generation
- Improve contracts-in-transit days outstanding to reduce the number of days between vehicle sale and payment from the vehicle financier
- Acquire franchises that augment its current brand offerings and expand its geographic footprint in the United States, United Kingdom and Brazil
- Dispose of underperforming franchises
In 2013, Group 1 has acquired 4 franchises in the United Kingdom and 22 franchises in Brazil with total estimated annual revenues of approximately $827 million.
Please see Group 1’s Securities and Exchange Committee filings for further information.